The marketing strategies used for listing commercial properties are crucial to the success of closing a deal. It is important for commercial listings to have exposure in as many areas as possible. Below are a few ideas to help market a commercial property effectively:
- On-line Marketing – Creating a presence on the internet is a great way to get your listings to the qualified public. Two of the best service providers are:
- Costar Group, Inc.: A paid service and the number one provider among business professionals looking to lease or buy property. A property owner can add a building or space to Costar’s searchable database.
- Loopnet – Another commercial real estate community database who happens to be owned by Costar.
- Social Media:
- Facebook – One of the best social networking vehicles in the world. It is the wave of the future for real estate advertising reaching a huge audience.
- YouTube – You can create HD quality slideshows of properties searchable on Google! This is a great way for listings to get exposure.
- Local Advertising:
- Craigslist – A free service where owners can list space locally. Craigslist is a centralized network of online communities, featuring free online classified advertisements – with sections devoted specifically to commercial real estate.
- Constant Contact or Mail chimp – Announce listings to clients, potential clients & investors through email marketing campaigns.
These are just some of the ways to market commercial property listings. If building owners are truly interested in marketing their property(s) to their fullest potential, they should be in touch with their commercial real estate professional.