By implementing energy conservation techniques and utilizing programs offered through government entities, commercial real estate owners and tenants can save energy and money directly adding to their bottom line. Listed below are 10 energy saving ideas to start saving money in Scottsdale, Phoenix and the surrounding areas.
- APS (602)371-6767
The SRP “Our Solutions for Business Program” can help small and or big businesses find ways to not only use less energy but also help make smarter choices in energy use.
- SRP (Salt River Project (602) 236-3054
Boost your bottom line with SRP business rebates. Rebates for LED lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, electric forklifts, Solar energy, commercial charging stations, etc. There is a pilot to encourage the conversion of medium/heavy duty vehicles and much more.
- AZ DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE (602)255-3381
A corporate income tax credit is available for taxpayers who own a qualified energy generator. Approval and certification are required prior to claiming the tax. Click link above for more info.
There are numerous incentives relating to energy savings such as: High Occupancy Vehicle Lane Exemption for AFV’S (Alternate Fuel Vehicles). Tax Exemption for AFV’s, Electric Vehicle Charging Station Rebates, Reduced Alternative Fuel Vehicle License Tax, Vehicle Emissions Test Exemption, etc.
- Energy – efficient lighting: replace traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED lighting. They consume less energy, have longer lifespan resulting in savings
- Smart Thermostats and HVAC systems – they can be programmed to optimize temperature
- Insulation and weatherproofing – prevents heat and cool air from escaping. Weatherproofing windows and doors can also reduce energy waste
- Water conservation – implement water-saving fixtures such as low-flow faucets, toilets, showerheads.
- Waste management and recycling: – implement recycling through City programs.
- Green landscaping – remove plants requiring water, use desert landscaping or artificial grass and seek green certifications such as LEED (leadership in Energy and environmental design or ENERGY STAR.